How Instagram is transforming the way we eat
Love it or loathe it we live in an era of social media and this is having an effect on the way people view food when dining-out.
Now food not only has to look good to impress the diners themselves, but also to impress and attract followers on social media and get people talking about it. Consumers are increasingly posting images of what they are about to eat in real time and if it goes viral, it can influence other people to want to eat the same dish, maybe even at the same restaurant.
So, it’s no surprise that restaurants are now taking social media very seriously as it can have a profound effect on the way their food is perceived. But as we’ve commented on many times before in Trend Set, serving the perfect dish is about more than just the food. So in our new ‘Picture-Perfect’ section we will be featuring what we believe are outstanding examples of great food and outstanding tableware working in perfect harmony to create Instagram worthy images.
Check out these mouth-watering dishes for yourself by searching #trendsetmag or following @bunzllockhart on Instagram.
Read The Magazine
Shop The Trend
1. CD860 - Fusion Hiball 121/3oz 35cl
- £43.20 (case of 24)
2. CD862 - Fusion Hiball 163/4oz 48cl - £44.88 (case of 24)
3. CD861 - Fusion Hiball 191/3oz 55cl - £46.80 (case of 24)
4. BL073 - Sphere Plate Copper Crescendo - £205.52 (case of 4)
5. BL055 - Deep Coupe Plate-Cove 30cm - £137.76 (case of 6)
6. BL054 - Deep Coupe Plate-Carrara 30cm - £137.76 (case of 6)
7. DH901 - Copper Mug 36cl 12.2oz - £10.05
8. DI514 - Copper Tray Leather Handles 31cm - £26.25
9. BI850BK - Artisan Onyx Deep Coupe Bowl 94/5” 25cm - £47.28 (case of 6)
10. BL056 - Snow Gloss Flat Coupe Plate 32cm - £216.84 (case of 6)
11. BL057 - Deep Coupe Plate-Concrete 30cm - £137.94 (case of 6)
12. BJ374 - Raku Topaz Blue Coupe Bowl 7” - £91.56 (case of 12)
13. BK982 - Raku Quartz Black Triangle Chefs Plate 114/5 x 74/5” - £101.58 (case of 6)
14. ED659 - Comb Silicone Brush - £5.59
15. BB979 - Basalt Plate Round Slate Effect 28.5cm - £66.55 (case of 4)
16. CE652 - Alternato 41cl 14.5oz - £18.90 (case of 6)
17. BK476 - Royal Genware Bowl Shaped Cup 17.5cl / 6oz Grey - £15.72 (case of 6)
18. BK477 - Royal Genware Bowl Shaped Cup 17.5cl / 6oz Green - £15.72 (case of 6)
19. BK297 - Royal Genware Bowl Shaped Cup 25cl Green - £17.64 (case of 6)
20. BK038 - Royal Genware Bowl Shaped Cup 25cl Grey - £18.84 (case of 6)
21. BL082 - B&B Plate - £29.17
22. DI520 - Gourmet Cube - £43.33
23. DI510 - White Melamine Fresco Curve Plate 285 x 277 x 40mm - £10.21
24. DI493 - Vintage Birdcage Presentation Stand 17” (43cm) - £30.00
25. DE450 - Mini Cake Pedestal Wave White 164 x 65mm - £8.01
26. BJ564 - Scape Oval Bowl 12.5cm - £24.36 (case of 12)
27. BK652GR - Ink Crackle Coupe Plate Grey 20.25cm - £69.96 (case of 12)
28. CD863 - Be Bop Old Fashioned 101/2oz 30cl - £35.04 (case of 24)
29. CD864 - Be Bop Hiball 12 1/3oz 35cl - £35.04 (case of 24)
30. EF298 - Slate G/Norm Half Length Grey - £33.19 (case of 10)
31. CD662 - Shot Glasses 8cl - £79.67 (case of 200)
32. BL059 - Sand Flat Coupe Plate 26cm - £80.40 (case of 6)
33. DH989 - Stainless Steel Twist Tea Stand - £49.00
34. BL058 - Purity Pearls Dark - Flat Coupe Plate 31cm - £172.26 (case of 6)
35. BL080 - Purity Pearls Light Coupe Plate 31cm - £90.90 (case of 6)
36. DI505 - Fry Cup, Galvanized, Angled,10oz - £50.40 (case of 6)
37. DI506 - Fry Cup, Galvanized, Footed, 20oz - £72.00 (case of 6)
38. DI507 - Fry Cup, Galvanized, 12oz - £42.00 (case of 6)
39. DI508 - Fry Cup, Galvanized, 24oz - £62.40 (case of 6)
40. DI511 - White Melamine Calla Heart Bowl 150 x 150 x 35mm 50ml - £7.74
41. DI512 - White Melamine Calla Heart Bowl 200 x 200 x 46mm 150ml - £8.84
For further inspiration, why not follow our Instagram page for more fantastic food & drink ideas. If you can see it, you can buy it; find the relevant product codes on our website 24/7.
Leave a comment
Autumn is just around the corner, so Lockhart Catering Equipment have put together a range of beverages that will consume your tastebuds with indulgent autumn flavour.
Summer is here, and Lockhart Catering Equipment have put together no-fuss desserts perfect for making ahead this summertime.
The Right Course charity devised by Fred Sirieix opened their second fully functioning prison-run restaurant based in HMP Wormwood Scrubs in April 2021. The Right Course seeks to transform staff restaurants in prisons into high street like operations / businesses, as well as allowing the prisoners to gain industry-recognised qualifications and experience.
As the Hospitality industry continues to reopen, we have recently been allowed to enjoy indoor dining at our favourite pubs and restaurants again. Although with social distancing measures still in place a lot of restauranteurs have gone alfresco by providing a ‘weatherproof’ outdoor dining experience.