Posted on Tuesday 23 October 2018
Have you checked out the third edition of the Lockhart Look Book yet? Our company vision is 'to bring innovation and inspiration to the preparation and presentation of food' and that's the thinking behind this book. Following the successful launch of our first edition last year, we are delighted to continue inspiring the hospitality and catering industry by sharing the latest insight and innovation.
Above: New Artisan Neuvell, available 1st November online
Last year we analysed the menus of leading restaurant and pub chains in the UK as we wanted to discover what was popular with British diners when ordering food and drinks. Whilst new trends are regularly emerging, old classics and traditional dishes still feature time and time again. It can prove challenging for the industry to find ways of innovating without stepping too far away from what the nation loves and wants. Over the last twelve months our research into this market has continued and we are proud to share our latest findings, trends and products with you.
Starting with our appetisers section of the book, it provides you with serving inspiration for popular dishes ranging from nachos to terrines to soup. With the love for sharing plates continuing to rise, we also reveal a wide range of serving options for buffet food. From your classic hot buffet options to tasty afternoon teas you will find products that your diners will love to eat from?
From BBQs to all day breakfasts, from your classic burgers to traditional fish and chips as well as pies, pastas and pizzas, the main course section is literally jam-packed with ideas you can use in your own restaurant or catering service. With there being so much talk of meat-free options we have even added a dedicated vegetarian section to the latest guide.
The dessert section is always a popular part of The Look Book and it's also guaranteed to make your mouth-water as we show you everything from cheese boards to cheesecake. We absolutely love the innovation on offer in the dessert theatre section - prepare to be wowed!
Whether you are a traditional pub serving beers and ciders or a trendy city bar offering the latest wines and gins, be sure to check out our drinks inspiration. From cocktails to coffee, from whisky to wine, we have packed this section full of ideas and the latest products in the market.
To celebrate the launch of the new edition, we have unveiled our finalists and overall winners in our innovation awards. These have been broken down into categories including starter, main course, dessert, buffet and drinks.
Above: Creme Jouet Organic Bowls
• In the starter category the winner was the Crème Jouet Bowls which are perfect for displaying food such as bread. This simple, yet beautiful range has an unmistakable air of quality. We love how the classic ivory colouring, along with innovative dish shapes provide a blank canvas for any chef to present their dishes.
• The winner in the buffet range was the Churchill Lotus products which our judges have said are perfect for serving up corporate lunches. Whilst Churchill has been manufacturing and supplying tableware solutions for over 200 years, the team always makes sure they are providing innovation when developing their products.
Above: Churchill Lotus Melamine
• We were delighted to reveal Steelite Craft range as our main course winner. If you are looking for the perfect plate for traditional dishes such as roasts or other British classics you can't go wrong with these products. Each piece has been inspired by hand-crafted items made by generations of potters over hundreds of years.
• For those looking to serve something sweet, we chose the Artisan Trevone range as our winner. Artisan has always been known for the way it mixes shape, texture and colour to enhance the overall dining experience.
Above: Steelite Craft Liquorice
• When it comes to serving up drinks we chose the Arcoroc Hiball Cans as our innovation winner. The love for cocktails and mocktails shows no sign of slowing and this range is simple but stylish for showcasing beautifully presented drinks.
Choosing brands to take the innovation title is never easy which is why we have also announced our silver and bronze award winners. Take a look at the full list of winners and download your free copy of our latest Look Book on our website.
Above: Arcoroc Hiball Cans
See the products for yourselfIf you want to have true innovation at your fingertips, why not pay a visit to our Innovation Centre where you can see, touch and try the products for yourself? We have a live chef demo area as well as a mixology suite so look out for news of our upcoming events.
We support most major credit and debit cards