Posted on Monday 24 September 2018
At Lockhart we strive to offer the best products possible for all hospitality businesses and are constantly looking for feedback and thoughts from chefs in every sector. In an industry that is fast-paced and constantly changing to meet consumer demands, it’s vital we have innovative and high-quality products that can help our customers achieve their goals.
To make sure we’re hitting the mark, we recently put some of our products through the ultimate test – the Craft Guild of Chefs Product Endorsement programme. This scheme enables business partners of the Guild to test either new products under development or existing products within their portfolios using high level chefs from all sectors of the hospitality industry.
Through the Craft Guild of Chefs product testing programme, business partners, whose products receive a grading of “C” or better will receive a pass mark. This result then allows them to use the Craft Guild of Chefs “Approved Product” Logo. It highlights manufacturers who are offering the industry excellent products. The Craft Guild of Chefs recently tested two Lockhart Catering products - the Chefmaster Induction Hob and Prepara Induction Pans.
Above: Chefmaster Induction Hob
Following rigorous testing and inspection by the panel of chef testers, the induction hob received a “B grade” which is classed as a “good” score, flying through the scheme’s pass mark.
Here are five thoughts on the induction hob from the testers:
1. Induction cooking brings many advantages including it being quick and clean as well as cheaper to run with it using less residual heat.
2. These induction hobs would be suitable for front of house with a smart and sleek design.
3. The hobs are easy and quick to clean.
4. This product would fit into most commercial kitchens and it would be simple to move around if needed.
5. The Chefmaster Induction Hob is easy for chefs to use with straightforward controls.
Above: Prepara Induction Pan
The Prepara pans also received a grade “B” pass mark giving us the confidence to use the Craft Guild of Chefs logo with pride.
Here’s just a selection of the feedback we received:
1. These pans feel harder wearing than many others due to the weight.
2. With the Teflon coat, it will reduce the amount of oil needed making cooking healthier.
3. There is a good range of shapes and sizes in this range.
4. The weight of these pans is the best feature.
5. These pans are suitable for cooking a variety of meat, fish and vegetables.
Visitors to The Restaurant Show will be able to see these products in action at the Competition Theatre and they will be used by the finalists of the Young National Chef of the Year and National Chef of the Year cook-offs on Tuesday, 2nd October, 2018.
Simon Britten, Digital Marketing Manager for Lockhart Catering said:
Take a look at the full range of products which the Craft Guild of Chefs has endorsed. You can keep in touch with future product news and updates by following us on our social channels @BunzlLockhart.