Posted on Monday 15 October 2018
We’re coming back down to earth at Lockhart Catering after a fantastic few days at The Restaurant Show from the 1st to 3rd October. We’ve been following up on enquiries and the new contacts made, so it’s been a busy week for us post-show and we’ve now got a little time to reflect on what happened during those exciting three days.
Above: New Artisan Neuvell, available 1st November online
It was so good to see so many customers, old and new, and especially up in the Catering Equipment Expo where we had a huge showcase of Lockhart products. Throughout the exhibition, we revealed new products, offered special discounts and announced the winners of our awards. If you missed the big reveal of our winners, take a look at our recent article for the full list of innovative products.
We also provided all the equipment for the competition theatre which included the Kikkoman Masters, Copa Jerez UK final, Young and National Chef of the Year and the Compass Chef of the Year. Lockhart Catering is a proud sponsor of the National Chef of the Year competition and recently we revealed our take on the final here.
One of the most exciting elements of a show like this is the launch of new products. Many of our products make their first outing at The Restaurant Show, which means visitors get to see them, touch them and potentially use them before others. Today, we are looking at just some of the items that we were delighted to talk about last week.
1. Just a few weeks before the show, the Craft Guild of Chefs officially endorsed the Chefmaster Induction Hob. We were so proud that the Chefmaster team were able to use the Craft Guild logo on their stand. Having this endorsement gives chefs up and down the UK the confidence that they are using the best products to create their dishes. This was the hob being used by the competitors in the competition theatre and so we felt very proud as we watched stunning dishes being presented to the judges.
Above: Young finalists utilising the Chefmaster Induction Hobs
2. There were some gorgeous new products on the Artisan stand and we were delighted to reveal the Trevorne range which won one of our Innovation Awards. This was also used by Mauro Colegreco in his live olive oil cooking session on the main stage. Our product really stood out and showed off this talented chef’s dish perfectly. These new Artisan products proved popular at the show as the colours are totally on-trend and it looks so authentic and genuine. Another reason this range works so well is it looks like it’s the top end of the market-place but Artisan has made it accessible for all establishments.
Above: New Artisan Neuvell Stoneware, available 1st November online
3. The new Crème Esprit fine dining range was launched six months ago but this was the first time it had been seen at a show. It’s so classic with its perfect ivory colour. Chefs loved the appearance meaning all the focus would be on the food they had cooked as it provides the perfect backdrop for fine dining dishes.
Above: Creme Esprit Bowl, sleek design & enduring elegance.
4. Rafters & Mirage were 2 ranges not to be missed at the show as it had the wow-factor, whatever angle you stood around the stand. This range of melamine products & woodware Buffet solutions are set to expand quickly and already gives chefs the chance to opt for a mixture of styles and textures. There was also a lot of interest in the Piccolo items as these miniatures are ideal for serving sauces, dips and other accompaniments.
5. Have you heard about the #Lockbox? The new Lockhart Lockbox was available at the show for chefs to check out. This is a box packed full of the latest products for chefs to explore and show us what they can create with it. Over the coming months we’ll be packing up our next batch of Lockboxes and if you would like to get involved please let us know.
Above: Seasonal tableware trends to your doorstep with #Lockbox.
What products did you enjoy seeing at the Catering Equipment Expo? Is there anything you would like to see more of? We always like to hear feedback from those using products from the Lockhart ranges. Make sure you are one of the first to hear about new products, future events and special offers by signing up for the Lockhart newsletter or join the conversation by following our social accounts or leave us a comment below.
We support most major credit and debit cards